The most peculiar clinical feature that babies with fallot’s tetralogy show is cyanosis. The babies are termed blue which means these babies have lower oxygen levels than normal. The bluish discoloration is commonly seen in the lips, fingernail beds but sometimes it may become quite hard to detect just by looking at the baby.
· Physical Examination – The babies with Tetralogy Of Fallot have heart murmur with cyanosis otherwise they are usually normal.
· Medical examination – An echocardiogram and chest X-ray are commonly done to measure blood oxygen levels. Heart Ultrasound may also be done to get the image of the valves and chambers inside the heart.
The two major surgeries that are commonly done to correct TOF are:
· Total Corrective surgery – The surgery is performed in children 2 years of age. The defect is closed with a patch and the narrow pulmonary valve is opened. The outcome of the surgery is good and most of the children live healthy life after the surgery.
· Blalock’s – Taussig’s operation – It is a procedure performed in smaller infants to increase blood flow to lungs. The surgery involves making a connection between right subclavian artery and pulmonary artery to pass more oxygenated blood to flow through the artery. The cyanosis is also relieved to a great extent.
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in India
There are many Congenital Heart Diseases that require sophisticated instrumentation and expertise of the surgeons to treat complex heart diseases. Pediatric Heart surgery is now available in India with best cardiac surgeons who are well experienced and have been trained at best medical schools in the world. The cost of paediatric heart surgery in India is affordable and cheaper than the cost of the treatment of congenital defects in western countries such as USA, UK, Canada or Australia.
- · Aortic Stenosis
- · Atrial Septal Defect
- · Atrialventricular Septal Defect (AVSD)
- · Bicuspid Aortic Valve
- · Coarctation of the Aorta
- · Complex Single Ventricle
- · Corrected Transposition of the Great Arteries
- · Ebstein's anomaly
- · Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- · Interrupted Aortic Arch
- · Mitral valve prolapse
- · Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- · Pulmonary Atresia
- · Pulmonary Stenosis
- · Tetralogy of Fallot
- · Transposition of the Great Arteries
- · Tricuspid Atresia
- · Truncus Arteriosus
- · Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
IndiCure is the most trusted medical tourism company that offers treatment for congenital heart defects at some of the best heart hospitals in India. More information on heart surgery can be obtained at http://indicure.com.ng/heart_surgery/pediatric_cardiac_surgery_in_india.htm or http://www.indicure.com/heart-surgery.htm .Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +919818462127 or +919320036777.