Infertility Treatment - In – Vitro Fertilization Surgery in India
Q - What is infertility?
Q - Is infertility related to women only?
Q - What leads to infertility in men?
Q - What are the options available to treat infertility?
- In-vitro fertilization
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Gamete intra-fallopian transfer
- Zygote intra-fallopian transfer
- Micro-epididymal sperm aspiration
- Testicular sperm extraction
- Sub-zonal insemination
- Micro-insemination sperm transfer
Q - What is In-vitro fertilization?
Q – What is the step by step procedure of In-Vitro Fertilization?
The step by step procedure of In-Vitro Fertilization is:
2. Egg Retrieval – Once the oocytes are ready to be retrieved, they are collected using ultrasound guided needles. Usually – 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved. After the process, the woman is taken to recovery room for rest and recovery.
Q – Who is a candidate for In-Vitro Fertilization?
A – In – vitro fertilization can help couples overcome various types of infertility. Suitable candidates for IVF are those who have:
- Cervical mucus problems
- Damaged or Blocked fallopian tubes
- Genetic diseases
- Low sperm count or other sperm problems
- Male factor infertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Unexplained infertility
Q – What are the advantages of In – Vitro fertilization?
Q – What is the success rate of In-Vitro Fertilization?
A – The success rate of IVF depends upon a number of factors that include the reasons of infertility, the age of the patient and from where the procedure has been done. The success rate of IVF is 20 – 50 % per IVF cycle. The success of IVF surgery depends on accurate timing of entire IVF procedure.