Keep Your Heart Healthy!
A healthy heart paves way for healthy life. There are many ways by which you can prevent heart disease. Although there are certain risk factors which cannot be changed such as age, family history etc that lead to heart disease, yet there are ways which can ensure a healthy heart and thus a healthy life.
Here are top 10 strategies that can keep your heart healthy:
1. Quit Smoking – Cigarette smoking brings with it many health hazards. The chemicals in cigarette narrow the arteries or lead to atherosclerosis. The nicotine present in the cigarette leads to narrowing of blood vessels and increase in heart rate and blood pressure. However, when you quit smoking, you start getting rewards of stopping smoking right away and your chances of getting heart disease drops dramatically within a year.
2. Work out for 30 minutes every day – Physical activity plays a great role in keeping heart diseases at bay. It not only controls your weight but also minimizes putting any undue strain on heart such as high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol. Every day, try getting 30 to 60 minutes of intense physical activity or you may break up your workouts in 10 minute sessions. Stretching, Cardiovascular exercises and Strengthening exercises are some of the ideal exercises.
3. Eat healthy diet – You should take diet that is low in fat, cholesterol and salt. The diet which helps protect your heart is rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products. You should strictly avoid taking saturated fat and trans fat as they increase risk of coronary artery disease by raising blood cholesterol levels. You should include fish high in omega – 3 fatty acids in your diet which helps in decreasing risk of heart disease by more than a third.
4. Control your weight – Excess of weight in adulthood can lead to chances of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. One of the ways by which you can find out if you are healthy is by measuring your BMI. BMI more than 25 is associated with high blood pressure, higher blood fats and an increased risk of acquiring heart disease.
5. Undergo Regular health checks – Get regular health screenings done so as to find out the levels of blood pressure, blood cholesterol and diabetes screening at regular intervals.
6. Drink less – Alcohol fattens. Adding three or four gin to your daily diet can make you put on 2 kg weight over four weeks.
7. Cut the table salt – If you want to maintain a healthy blood pressure, avoid using salt at the table and use it less while you cook. You will certainly get accustomed to it. Also keep a check at salt levels in processed foods. It should not be more than 1.5 g per 100g.
8. Take Green Tea – A few studies have shown that drinking green tea improves arterial health.
9. Rock N Roll – Whether it’s salsa or rumba, dancing helps a lot in burning calories, increasing your heart rate and carrying out a healthy workout. So shake your body and Rock N Roll.
10. Add laughter to life - As they say, laughter is the best medicine, so laugh out loud. Laughter helps in relieving stress that damages the inner lining of blood vessels and helps improve your blood flow. So LOL.
IndiCure is the most trusted name for providing heart surgery in India at affordable costs. IndiCure associates with the most experienced heart surgeons in India who have been consistently delivering great results in treating even the most complex heart cases.
Our associated heart hospitals offer the most advanced technology and techniques in heart surgery. Be it Robotic heart bypass surgery or Minimally Invasive Heart surgery, MIDCAB, OPCAB our surgeons are well experienced in performing the most complex heart surgery.
For more information about heart surgery in India, write to us at email@example.com or call us at +91 981846 2127 or +91 93200 36777 or talk to us at Skype @Indicure.