A successful bone marrow transplant surgery requires conjoint efforts of the whole team of expert doctors, surgeons, nurses and subordinate staff. It also requires an active participation of family members of the patient in order to give him a strong psychological support.
For a patient traveling abroad to India, what is required from the patient’s end is a meticulous preparation and knowledge of the various aspects of undergoing bone marrow transplantation in India.
Here are a few important things you should know about getting bone marrow transplant in India:
1. Preparing for your bone marrow
transplant surgery in India
(a) Knowing about different types of Bone Marrow Transplants
The different types of bone marrow transplants that your surgeon would advice are:
- Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant procedure – In autologous bone transplant, the immature bone marrow cells are taken out from the patient himself. The patient then receives high dose chemo or radiation therapy. Post radiation therapy, the stem cells are put back in the body. This phenomenon is known as rescue transplant.
- Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant procedure – In allogenic bone marrow transplant, the immature marrow cells are removed from a donor. It is best to get the bone marrow transplant from a donor who has the same genetic makeup as the patient’s. To see the compatibility, special blood tests are done to see if donor is a good match with the patient.
(b) Knowing about bone marrow transplant procedure
Bone Marrow Transplantation is a five staged operation. The whole procedure involves following steps -
· Physical exam of the patient - This includes his medical examination to see if he is fit to accept the transplant.
· Harvesting of stem cells for the transplant
· Irradiation/ Conditioning of patient’s body
· Bone Marrow Transplantation
· Post BMT investigations to check for any complications or rejection
(c) Getting an expert opinion for bone marrow transplant surgery in India
Indian doctors are widely known for their surgical skill & expertise & bone marrow transplant surgeons in India are surgeons who are extensively trained and specialized in various BMT divisions. They have studied & practiced at some of the best Medical schools in the world.
2. Choosing your Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India
Bone Marrow transplantation hospitals in India are JCI and ISO accredited facilities, that have performed a large number of successful bone marrow transplants and are considered among the best hospitals for bone marrow transplantation across the globe.
These hospitals are equipped with the latest & most sophisticated technology & thus provide the best results to the patients.
3. Flying to India for bone marrow transplantation
Once you have completely understood the nitty gritties of the procedure and have been opined by an expert surgeon, the next step is to come to India for your Bone Marrow Transplant.
4. Life after Bone Marrow Transplant Surgery
Post your bone marrow transplant, the entire team of doctors and support staff would work together to help you recover comfortably. They would advise you to develop healthy habits, give a dietary plan to help build your strength.
Cost of Bone Marrow Transplantation in India
Bone Marrow Treatment in India starts from 35,000 USD.
IndiCure seamlessly arranges your BMT procedure at its affiliate best bone marrow transplant hospitals in India. We, at IndiCure make sure that your whole journey, through your Bone Marrow transplant surgery and follow-ups with our expert surgeons is hassle free. Having served hundreds of patients from across the world IndiCure endeavors to make your BMT treatment in India seamless.
IndiCure is the most trusted name for providing bone marrow transplantation to international patients as IndiCure affiliate hospitals are not only equipped with sophisticated instrumentation, highly experienced BMT team but also have a very high infection control rate which is critical for bone marrow transplant patients.
For more information about Bone Marrow Transplant Surgery in India, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 98184 62127 or +91 93200 36777 or talk to us at skype@IndiCure