Demand for plastic surgery among men
Is not plastic surgery meant for ladies? Okay, there are celebrities like Michael Jackson who have publicly acknowledged to have had cosmetic surgery. But when it comes to common men, the ones who still complain when their wives take too long a time in getting dressed up, can they ever bother themselves with cosmetic surgeries? Turns out, they do. That too, in such large numbers that could leave most of us astonished.
Top 5 plastic surgeries for men
The number of men who undergo plastic surgery are not in hundreds or thousands, but has quite passed the million mark. If we compare the present data with that of 15 years before, there has been a 106 % increase in the number of men who underwent plastic surgery in US and around the globe. In the year 2012 alone, 160,451 men in United States alone underwent cosmetic surgery procedures.
The top 5 plastic surgery procedures preferred by men were:
- Lipoplasty (Liposuction) – This is a favorite surgery among both men and women. While it occupies second rank in the top 5 procedures for women, liposuction or lipoplasty is the most sought after cosmetic surgery by men. Liposuction involves surgically removing unwanted fat from selected areas of the body like abdomen, buttocks, thighs and even chin etc
- Rhinoplasty- Rhinoplasty involves surgical alteration of the structure of nose in order to enhance its aesthetic appeal. Who knew that men could be so conscious of their noses even?
- Blepharoplasty – More popularly known as cosmetic eyelid surgery, this aims at improving the region around the eyes so as to make the visual organs more visually pleasing! It achieves the desired result by working on upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both.
- Gynecomastia – Rather known as male breast reduction surgery, it frees many young men of the distress of having abnormally large breasts.
- Otopasty – Otoplasty corrects defect in ear structure and aims to improve its size, proportion or shape.
Abdominoplasty(tummy tuck), chin augmentation, forehead lift, buttock augmentation, facelift, lower body lift, thigh lift and upper arm lift are some of the other procedures for which men customarily approach plastic surgery.
Why there has been an increase in male plastic surgeries?
Many attribute the increase in demand for plastic surgery among males to the apparent influence of youth in the current workforce and professional environment like never before. Never before have the CEOs been younger and entrepreneurs fitter. And men today do not want to be left behind in the competitive advantage youthfulness provide them in the work environment.
While another notion behind the rising demand for plastic surgery among males is that it reflects the liberalization of society. As gender stereotypes are getting more sidestepped, men no longer find themselves bound by the rigid notions of masculinity that prevent them from attempting to improve their physical appearance. That being said, cosmetic surgery performed in men is still quite different from that done on females. Men do not want the cosmetic surgery results to be too obvious and cosmetic surgery procedures in men aim to enhance their masculine features.
Why should girls have all the fun of beautification and grooming? Why should men be left behind in getting the body of their dreams, when medical science can bring them the desired results under the careful supervision of skilful cosmetic surgeons? No wonder, many men prefer to have their plastic surgery in India with prices far less than what they would have to pay in their homeland, superior expertise of India’s trusted plastic surgeons and far less inconveniences than at home like freedom from intrusion of acquaintances.
IndiCure is the most renowned provider for plastic surgery in India at most affordable prices. With hundreds of happy clients from across the world, IndiCure understands your requirements well. To know more about plastic surgery in India, write to us at email@example.com or call us att +91 9818462127 or +91 9320036777 or talk to us at skype@IndiCure