- Stay Active- Undergoing THR does not imply that you have to be an idler. It is the time to regain your endurance by staying as much active as possible. You can enhance it by walking and performing mobility exercises guided by your doctors and physical therapist.
- User friendly home- make your home user friendly and free of obstacles that may come in your way and modify the furnishings as per your necessities.
- Healthy Diet- balanced and healthy diet is important to maintain as your weight can affect your recovery. Excess weight adds pressure on the hips that may hamper the healing process and slower down the recovery.
- Hip precautions- follow the proper precautions advised by your doctor regarding the hip mobility during your post-operative phase. Some of these precautions includes;
- Avoid crossing and twisting your legs
- Avoid bending from your waist more than 90 degrees
- While lying, lie on your back and keep a pillow between your legs to prevent touching of knees.
- Use walker, crutches or cane for transfers and ambulation until doctor advised
- Sit on high chairs which is higher than knee height. Use raised toilet seats and avoid low beds.
- Don’t drive until advisable
- Avoid turning back on your operated leg
A brain tumour is still a dreaded disease. If your loved one is detected with a brain tumour, it is very natural for you to get upset and look for the best hospital for brain tumour surgery in your country. It is also natural for you to become more concerned if the most advanced facility for brain tumour surgery is not available near you or you have to travel abroad like to India for best hospital for the brain tumour in India.
Many people from countries like Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ghana, Uganda, Sudan and other African countries travel abroad to India for best hospitals for brain tumour surgery. Many patients from countries in the middle east like UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and many from Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and other countries come to India for affordable brain tumour surgery. The advantage of coming to India for them lies in the fact that the cost of brain tumour or even brain cancer surgery in India is much less as compared to what one would pay in countri…