Combined tummy tuck and Breast reduction
- Patient’s overall health: A patient who is in good overall health and is close to ideal weight, no health problems with good Hb level is a better candidate for combined surgery than one who is not.
- How extensive the surgery is to be done: A patient with high BMI who also needs lots of liposuction with a tummy tuck or a female with very big breasts, determine how long would it take for the surgery to be completed. IndiCure affiliate expert plastic surgeons in India always make sure that the anaesthesia time never exceeds the stipulated international limits of 6 hours. If the surgeons feel that the patient needs extensive surgery, the surgery is done at a gap of few days. The anesthesia time also depends on the number of plastic surgeons the main surgeon is being assisted by. If there are 3-4 well trained plastic surgeons assisting the primary surgeon, the surgeon can combine extensive surgery because the anesthesia time automatically goes down.
- Surgeon’s skills and experience: A lot also depends on surgeon’s skill and experience in performing surgeries. While one surgeon may take 8-9 hours to complete the combined surgery, other may neatly finish the procedure well within 6 hours.
- Anaesthetist’s experience: Few surgeons still feel that it is worth taking a chance to go a little beyond 6 hours if the anaesthetist is well experienced and has handled long anaesthesia hours.
- Type of facility where the surgery is done: A facility with ICU and emergency room facilities gives the surgeon better scope to be little aggressive than with no backup facilities. The surgeon tends to be more conservative without these facilities, not that a good surgeon would unnecessarily take chances.