How do I get Back Surgery in IndiaIf you or someone you know has been suffering from back pain, you are not alone. Research has shown that 1 out of every 2 people rather more than 50% of the population suffers from back pain at some point in their life. For a problem as common as back pain, routine treatments like pain killers, ice, heat, massage and physical therapy are generally sufficient unless it is a chronic problem. There are however, a small percentage of cases that have severe problem in their back & need surgery. These are the cases where trauma, aging or improper body mechanics lead to a major pathology in spine which needs corrective surgery.
|One out of every two people suffer from Backache|
- - If you've tried conservative measures like pain killers/ anti-inflammatory medicines, physiotherapy etc. for a considerable time and they fail to relieve your back pain or other symptoms.
- - If your MRI/ CT Scan or other detailed investigations show bulging or ruptured intervertebral disks
- - If you have severe back pain or numbness/ pain radiating along your leg(s) which is not getting better by conservative means
- - If you have severe bony protrusions called osteophytes that are compressing on your spinal nerves & leading to pain, numbness or other paresthesias
|A few need back surgery to get relief from pain|
- - One should check for the number of years of experience the surgeon has & at least a gross idea of the similar cases he has performed in the pas
- - Always check the facility that the surgery would be performed at and what all facilities are available at the hospital
- - Always ask if you would be staying in a private room or a sharing room at the hospital.
|India is known for its skilled doctors|