Knee replacement vs Arthroscopic Chondroplasty
- · Removal of loose cartilage fragments
- · Smoothening of damaged and roughened cartilage surfaces
- · Abrasion and drilling, also known as micro fracture Chondroplasty. Micro fracture Chondroplasty is the surgery where the surgeon makes the surface of the cartilage rough or punctured. This fracturing or drilling of the cartilage stimulates new cartilage growth which heals the joint and corrects the pain.
- · Cartilage transplantation- cartilage transplantation is the newest option where healthy cartilage can be removed from some other area of the body and transplanted on the area in the knee which has worn out.
- · Viscosupplemantation- visco supplementation is the injection of gel lubricant in the knee which would remove the friction between the surfaces and delays the knee replacement for many years.
Candidates for Arthroscopic Chondroplasty
Write to us at: email@example.com