Demand for plastic surgery among men
Is not plastic surgery meant for ladies? Okay, there are celebrities like Michael Jackson who have publicly acknowledged to have had cosmetic surgery. But when it comes to common men, the ones who still complain when their wives take too long a time in getting dressed up, can they ever bother themselves with cosmetic surgeries? Turns out, they do. That too, in such large numbers that could leave most of us astonished.
Top 5 plastic surgeries for men
- Lipoplasty (Liposuction) – This is a favorite surgery among both men and women. While it occupies second rank in the top 5 procedures for women, liposuction or lipoplasty is the most sought after cosmetic surgery by men. Liposuction involves surgically removing unwanted fat from selected areas of the body like abdomen, buttocks, thighs and even chin etc
- Rhinoplasty- Rhinoplasty involves surgical alteration of the structure of nose in order to enhance its aesthetic appeal. Who knew that men could be so conscious of their noses even?
- Blepharoplasty – More popularly known as cosmetic eyelid surgery, this aims at improving the region around the eyes so as to make the visual organs more visually pleasing! It achieves the desired result by working on upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both.
- Gynecomastia – Rather known as male breast reduction surgery, it frees many young men of the distress of having abnormally large breasts.
- Otopasty – Otoplasty corrects defect in ear structure and aims to improve its size, proportion or shape.