Affordable Spinal surgery in India to treat Spinal Stenosis
|Spinal stenosis plagues people as they age|
causing them severe pain and discomfort.
|Abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal resultsin compression of the spinal cord and the nerves.|
- Prescribing NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory) medicines for pain relief
- Injecting cortisone with the numbing medication named lidocaine for short term relief.
- Increasing physical activity with preventive measures to avoid the likelihood of surgery.
- Laminectomy: Also known as decompression surgery, it is the most commonly performed procedure which involves removal of the lamina, or the segment of the vertebra covering the spinal canal. This widens the canal to relieve the stress on nerves and spinal cord, thus improving the symptoms. The surgery has very good success rates.
- Foraminotomy: This aims at enlarging the foramen- space in the vertebra from where the nerve root exits to provide more room for the nerves and thereby improving the symptoms.
- Spinal Fusion: It is performed in many cases after decompression to connect two or more vertebrae to stabilize the spine.