|Hepatitis C virus affects the liver causing various symptoms like stomach ache to jaundice.|
An Overview of HCV
Treatment options for HCV treatment in India
- Harvoni is a pill taken by patients, once a day for eight to twelve weeks to cure the disease
- Ribavirin and Sofosbuvir or Sovaldi are the main drugs that help with the treatment. They are to be taken for 12 to 24 weeks.
- Ombitasvir-paritaprevir-ritonavir along with dasabuvir is another treatment recommended to cure HCV
The UK, US, Australia too, had packages which would have forced the academician to sell off her stocks and bonds, for treatment ahead. She was lost and her hope was mutilated- discouraged to say so.
However, her brother sent her this one article he found which changed her life.
With many coming down to the south-asian bastion of medical experts, English speaking professionals to help overcome a range a health issues, surgeries and more, Hepatitis C treatment in India has gained immense popularity within few weeks of the launch of Sovaldi in India.
Here are some more reasons as to why-
- Cost of medication is much cheaper in India
- Patients can take back the medications to their home countries
- Affordable treatment packages
- An excursion twelve week or less trip with treatments included is heavenly to experience