Eligibility for Medical Visa
- Your sole purpose of visit to India is medical treatment
- The treatment happens at a reputed/ recognized hospital in India
- Medical treatment sought is a recognized medical procedure
Medical Attendant Visa (MED X)
Requirements for Medical Visa
- You should have your Original passport valid for the next six months
- The passport should have at least two blank pages
- If you have dual citizenship, you should have both the passports with you
- Residence proof
- Filled visa application form. The visa application form can be filled online at the following link- https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/Registration
- Two recent passport photographs. Please read the guidelines about the photos here https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- Letter from a Govt. recognized hospital in India stating the name of the patient and attendant, passport details, medical treatment patient is expected to receive in India with the expected date of arrival.
Step By Step Guide for Medical Visa to India
Regular Medical Visa
- Visit the web page https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and click on Regular Visa Application
- Select the country you are applying and Indian mission closest to you from the drop down, fill in your nationality, Date of Birth, your email, expected date of arrival, Visa type (separate form to be filled for the patient and the medical attendant) and purpose of your visit from the drop down. After filling the captcha, click Continue, which takes you to the next page.
- Fill in the next three pages of the online application form, click Save and Continue at the bottom of each page.
- If you do not have any reference in India, you can provide the case manager allocated by IndiCure as your reference in India.
- After you have completed the form and clicked Save and Continue on the third page, go through the preview of the visa application form that appears in a new window. If you wish to make any alterations, click on Modify/ Edit or else click on Verified and Continue.
- Carefully go through the instructions that appear on the screen. In case you have to make any changes, click on Cancel, else confirm the appointment.
- The next step is to select a convenient date for submission of your visa application for the visa interview at the Mission Counter.
- Please Click on ‘Save’ when you are provided with two options on a new window thereafter. If you choose to print immediately, you may lose the application. After you have saved the application, go to the homepage and then Click on Print Registered Application.
- You would be prompted to again fill in few details and after you have filled in, the application gets printed.
- Affix a passport size picture and put in your signatures in the required space as on the passport.
- Submit the application form along with the necessary documents at the Mission Counter on the date you have chosen.
Visa Processing Time
Medical Visa on Arrival or E-Visa
Eligibility for E- Medical Visa
- You can avail short duration medical treatment on e-visa. Any major procedure which requires a long duration of stay in the country requires the regular medical visa.
- Your passport should be valid for next six months and should have minimum two blank pages for stamping.
- Pakistani nationals or people of Pakistani origin are not eligible for e-visa.
Important Information about Medical Visa after Arrival in India
- Application form available at FRRO
- Photocopy of the passport and the initial visa.
- Four photographs of the applicant.
- Details of his/her stay in India.
IndiCure is the largest and most renowned medical tourism company offering consultation and facilitation to patients seeking affordable medical treatment in India.
We help you obtain medical visa to India and help you with everything you would need for your medical trip to India. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 9320036777 or +18772702448 (US Toll Free) or talk to us at Skype@ Indicure