Body Lift SurgeryAfter massive weight loss, following bariatric surgery or diet and exercising, the skin loses its elasticity and sags. This may result in self-consciousness in patients, general discomfort, vulnerability to skin infections and clothes not fitting properly.
The major skin sag usually happens in the abdominal region, upper arms, face, neck, breasts, thighs, and buttocks giving a misshapen body contour.
The most common changes that occur as a result of the loss of fat and tissue elasticity are:
- Flattened breasts with nipples pointing downwards
- Sagging upper arms that appear loose
- The extended abdominal area around the sides and lower back
- Sagging groin, thighs and buttocks
|Loose and overhang of skin after weight loss|
Body LiftBody Lift is an excellent treatment option for people with massive weight loss. It helps in removing excess skin, tightening loose muscles and even removal of the fat left behind. Thus resulting in improved body contours.
The body lift is usually the last step after massive weight loss to achieve a shapely body. It is usually divided into various categories -Lower Body Lift, Mid Lift, Upper Body Lift and Full Body Lift.
|Notice loose and hanging skin before surgery and body in shape after body lift|
The patient may choose either of these procedures depending on the location of extra skin and his/ her concerns.
It is important to note that the body lift is customized according to the unique needs of the patient.
Besides, the body lift is a complex surgery and needs a well trained and experienced surgeon. You should always choose a board-certified surgeon who has specialized training to perform the procedure.
Candidates for Body LiftIt is of utmost importance that you have a stable body weight for at least three months before you opt for a body lift plastic surgery.
If you are still losing weight, you should wait till you have lost all the excess weight. Or you do not plan to lose any further weight.
The ideal scenario is to have a stable weight for at least six months when you undergo the surgery. Undergoing surgery while you are still losing weight will lead compromised results.
Ideal candidates for total body contouring are males and females who:
- Have lost 40 to 50% of the excess body weight
- Are above 18
- Have stable body weight for at least three months
- Suffer from loose, droopy skin around your abdomen and/or other parts of the body
- Do not have any medical condition that may impair healing
- Are Non-Smokers
- Females who do not plan to become pregnant after the surgery (as that may compromise the results)
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Lower Body LiftLower body lift usually sets the stage. It removes the extra skin and gives shape to the sagging abdomen, outer thighs, hips, and the waist.
The commonly done procedures under lower body lift are:
Tummy tuck / Belt Lipectomy – Belt lipectomy is also sometimes called extended tummy tuck. The incision extends around the body to remove excess skin and fat from the entire belt.
Circumferential Thigh Lift – Uplifts the skin of thighs circumferentially.
Butt Lift – Uplifts skin of the buttocks, and gives them a fuller and youthful appearance.
Thigh Lift– Tightens the inner thighs by removing extra skin and tightening the loose muscles. It also corrects the groin area at the same time.
|Lower Body Lift|
Mid and Upper Body LiftWhen the patient's concerns also include upper and mid-body, a mid-body lift, and upper body lift are the procedures of choice.
However, it is important to keep in mind that these are extensive procedures and should not be done at the same time. Your cosmetic surgeon shall guide you about the procedures that can be combined. He would also guide you about the ideal the gap between both the procedures.
The Upper and Mid Body lift may comprise the following procedures. However, since every patient's concerns and requirements are different, the surgery is customized.
Breast LiftBreast lift surgery uplifts the sagging and flat breasts and gives them perky appearance. Your surgeon may also use a breast implant to improve the shape and size of the breasts.
Midsection LiftWhen the patient's concerns are the loose skin under the arms or at the upper back also, the surgeon recommends a midsection lift. It not only corrects the breast or chest in males but also takes care of the loose skin under the arms and at the upper back. Midsection lift gives a 360 degrees correction of the upper back and loose skin around the chest.
Arm LiftAn arm lift corrects the bat wing appearance in massive weight loss patients. The bat wing appearance is the loose and hanging skin in the arms after fat is lost.
The arm lift, also known as Brachioplasty removes the sagging skin from the upper arms. An arm lift is done by making an incision on the inner side of the arm. The surgeon then removes the extra fat and skin. He then tightens the muscles resulting in well-toned arms and youthful contours.
Face and Neck LiftAfter major weight loss, the facial skin loses elasticity resulting in drooping of cheek pads, jowls appear and jawline becomes ill-defined. The skin of the neck also becomes loose and sagging.
The face and neck lift tones up the facial and neck skin and raises the cheek pads, corrects jowls and removes loose skin. Face and neck lift give fantastic results and leave little or no scars giving a rejuvenated and younger looking appearance.
Body Lift CostA body lift is a highly customized surgery, and thus its cost varies with the patient's unique requirements. The cost depends on various factors, the most important of which are listed below:
- Type of Body lift you undergo– Whether you need just an upper body lift, or lower body lift or full body lift determines the price you pay for the surgery. If the surgeon works on full body, the cost is definitely much higher than just working on upper body or doing a limited lift. Typically a full body lift in the USA may cost anywhere between US $15,000 to $25,000 and can even go up to US $50,000.
- Whether or not you combine the procedures– When doing a full body lift, your surgeon may choose to combine a few procedures; or may want to stagger them to avoid long duration of anesthesia. This is to aid in swift recovery. This decision depends on your medical condition and the surgeon’s preference. When you stagger the procedures, the cost is higher as compared to combining procedures and doing them at the same time.
- How much fat you have- Patients who need liposuction to remove extra fat before the procedure will have to pay more for the liposuction than those who only need the body lift.
- Surgeon’s experience– Quite understandably, an experienced surgeon charges more than a novice surgeon. However, since body lift is a major surgery, you should not compromise with health and safety just to save a few dollars.
- Place of performing the surgery- The cost of any plastic surgery varies greatly with the location where the surgery is being done. There is a great variation from one country to another and significant variation within the same country also.
£10,000 to £ 30,000 in UK, AUD 25,000 to 60,000 in Australia; whereas in a country like India, full body lift costs around $7000-8000 with the same quality of services and with surgeons equally qualified and experienced.
Body Lift Surgery Cost in IndiaThe cost of Body lift in India is a fraction of the cost of Body lift surgery in the West. Even if you add flight and accommodation, the cost of body lift in India is much cheaper than undergoing the procedure in US, UK, Canada or Australia.
This in no way means compromising on the quality. India is home to few of the best cosmetic surgeons in the world. These are board certified surgeons and well experienced in performing such procedures.
The hospital facilities are excellent, language is not a problem- the doctors, nurses and all medical staff speak English, there is no waiting time and your surgery remains confidential.
You can also combine your trip with a visit to an exotic location in India which most of the travelers love to do before their surgery.
Also, Read– Best and Cheapest Destination for Plastic Surgery Abroad
Finding the Right Surgeon for your Body LiftFinding the right surgeon for your plastic surgery can be really tedious especially when you are considering plastic surgery abroad.
However, professional medical tourism companies like IndiCure come to rescue at this time. They help you choose the best surgeon, best plastic surgery hospital in India and also offer the discounted cost. Besides that, other services like visa formalities, arranging accommodation, helping you connect with previous patients are also and everything you may need to plan your trip and make an informed decision.
Also, Read- Top 10 Cosmetic Surgeons in India
IndiCure is the most renowned name for proving cosmetic surgery in association with best cosmetic surgeons in India. With hundreds of satisfied and happy clients from across the world, IndiCure understands your expectations well and anticipate your requirements well.
We have specially designed body contouring packages for you to help you get the best of your trip to India.
For further information, write to us at email@example.com or call us at +91 93200 36777 (India number) or +1-877-270-2448 (US Toll-Free) or talk to us at Skype@Indicure.