Liposuction in India- Is it still popular among Medical Tourists?
Liposuction in India
|Liposuction at a Quick Glance|
Candidates for Liposuction
|Buttocks & Hips|
Liposuction- The Procedure
- The patient and the surgeon agree on which area(s) will be treated and both discuss the expected outcome and end result.
- The to-be operated areas are marked on the body while the patient is in a standing position
- Pictures are taken of the area to be operated, this is for both the surgeon and the patient.
- In the surgery room, a sterilizing solution, such as Betadine, is applied to the selected areas
- Either general anesthesia is given or local anesthetic is injected and the candidate is given a sedative, either orally or through an Intravenous (IV) injection
- Incisions are very small, about a quarter to a third of an inch through which suction tubes called cannula are inserted. These cannulae are connected to the suction pump that sucks the fat from the body.
- The candidate is given an IV fluid line, since some fluid is also lost with the fat, and the fluid balance is to be kept intact.
- Monitoring devices are attached to the body for a couple of hours after the procedure to keep a track of the blood pressure, heart rate, and blood oxygen level.
- Usually, the candidate can get up, walk around, and go home the same day of the operation or the next day, depending on the extent of surgery performed
Recovery after Liposuction
Full Body Liposuction