Root Canal Treatment
- The most common sign is the tooth pain one may experience. It can range from mild to severe and may occur during sleep or while biting food.
- The other symptom is the classic one – tooth pain when having cold drinks or hot foods. If the tooth sensitivity lasts for months without subsiding, then one may need a root canal treatment.
- If the gums near the problem tooth feel tender and causes pain then you should consider this as a classic symptom needing a root canal therapy.
- Cracked or chipped teeth can also need this treatment because the nerves get exposed to contaminants and further cause tooth decay.
- Discoloration of a tooth which could have occurred due to nerve damage or bad hygiene can also necessitate a root canal therapy.
- Any neglected tooth cavity can spread the infection to the root and eventually affect the nerves needing a root canal treatment that will save the tooth.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- Patients will never feel the toothache and have no need to take painkillers to eliminate the pain caused by the infected tooth.
- Owing to the scraping of bacteria as a part of the therapy, this prevents the spread of any inner infection.
- The treatment stops any abscess formation surrounding the tip of the infected tooth.
- The recovery from the treatment is just a few days. Hence, it will have no negative impact on tooth sensitivity or the force of biting.
- When the treatment is considered within time, one can protect the neighbouring teeth from the strain.
- The treatment allows one to save their own tooth and retain natural chewing abilities.
- Eventually, saving your own tooth will help you avoid spending unnecessary money on expensive dental procedures or being ashamed of any missing teeth.