Willing to get a rhinoplasty but worried about the risks?
- Risks associated with Anesthesia: For years, anesthesia had a bad reputation for causing harmful side effects in patients. Therefore, many patients worried about the complications. But there is no need to fret. You can talk to your surgeon regarding the type of anesthesia that will be used for your surgery. Be honest about all your answers so that he can keep you safe and healthy during your procedure. Typical reactions post anesthesia includes some nausea or vomiting, dizziness, and fatigue. All of these symptoms will resolve themselves quite quickly. Besides, with newer anesthesia drugs, the incidence of these complications are very rare.
- Risks for Post-Surgical Infection: Every surgical procedure is accompanied by the possibility of an infection, but varies with the condition of the patient. Rhinoplasty does involve the use of incision, so your plastic surgeon will take steps before surgery to reduce your chances of bacteria. Limiting exposure to bacteria will eventually decrease the risk of infection.
- Risks to your breathing: Many patients worry about their risks of breathing post rhinoplasty. After all the surgery concentrates on the nose! If you have opted for rhinoplasty to correct problems like blocked airway, deviated septum, or constricted nasal passages, there are chances of a change in your natural breathing ability. Rhinoplasty is designed to change the size and shape of your nose while improving or preserving your breathing. If it doesn't meet this standard, it's not a success.
To minimize any risk during rhinoplasty, choose a board-certified facial plastic surgeon with a high patient satisfaction rating and plenty of experience. We have discussed how to choose such a surgeon in the later part.
How Plastic Surgeons Reduce the Risk of Complications
We have our plastic surgeon explaining what methods surgeons generally use to reduce the risks.
• Keeping abreast of the most up-to-date techniques
• Associating only the very best anesthesiologists
• Performing their surgeries in excellent full-service hospitals
• Having performed original as well as revision surgeries
• Having performed enough rhinoplasty procedures to become experts in the field
No plastic surgeon can guarantee that you will not have any complications. If you and your plastic surgeon take the time to cover all the bases, you will experience minimal complications during and after your rhinoplasty.
How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon?
While IndiCure helps you choose the best plastic surgeon in India for your rhinoplasty procedure, we want our patients to educate themselves too, when choosing a plastic surgeon in India.
Choose a rhinoplasty surgeon who:
• Is Board certified and is a trained plastic surgeon .
• Has a reputation for being artistic and innovative, as well as technically skilled.
• Is willing to show you before and after images to demonstrate his/her expertise.
• Makes testimonials from well-satisfied patients available to you.
• Has impeccable credentials.
• Guides and communicates with you every step of the surgical journey and answers all your queries.
Patient Responsibility: Ways to Reduce the Risks
Apart from choosing the best plastic surgeon, there are a few important ways a patient can protect themselves from the potential complications after a rhinoplasty. Both the patient and the surgeon are instrumental in this.
• Have an open discussion with your surgeon before you commit to the procedure. Understand all the inherent risks that would go in.
• During your consultation, make sure to speak up. Cover all your goals and expectations along with sharing your pre-existing health problems to get a safe outcome.
• Make sure to take all the medications that are required before the surgery. If you smoke or drink - now is the time to come clean.
• Commit yourself to follow all the doctor's recommendations, both before and after the operation.
Plan for a risk-free surgery with the right rhinoplasty plastic surgeon with IndiCure. You can consult us since this surgeon will become the foundation of your success to achieve the best results.
To book an appointment with our highly skilled and experienced surgical team.
• Telephonic: Call or WhatsApp our coordinator and book directly at +91 9320036777
• Online bookings: You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Video Consultation: You can opt for any of the above methods to book a Video Consultation with our surgeons.
Allow us to help you with your treatment research, guide you with the treatment cost, and answer any queries you may have. You can request a quote or even book a teleconsultation with renowned surgeons.
Connect with us:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Indicuretreatment
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/indicurehealthtours/
Find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/indicure_health_tours/
Visit our website: https://www.indicure.com/
Talk to us on WhatsApp: +91-932-003-6777